Letter of Prof Taher's Son

Fri. January 26, 2007
Letters to Editor
Prof. TaherSanzid Alvi Ahmed, HR Manager-Talent, British American Tobacco Bangladesh, Dhaka

I would like to introduce myself as the son of late Prof S. Taher Ahmed.
On January 17 an article on the murder of Professor S. Taher Ahmed was published in your daily. My father was murdered on 1st February 2006. He was a true scholar. He did his PhD. from Germany and later on he did his post-doctoral research from the University College of London. He was known for his honesty, hard work and dedication throughout his teaching career. I still cannot understand how a fellow human could even think of killing him.
From the very beginning, The Daily Star has been providing us amazing support. My family is an ordinary one. We don't have any connection with the high-ups. It's only for the media support that the case has progressed so far. I cannot thank you enough for your continuous support.
I really hope that DS would continue to give coverage to this case until it's resolved and prove that such a heinous crime cannot go unpunished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smugglers-BDR Affair on Barendra Express

JMB Patron Aminul Jailed; Dulu given 8 yrs RI for arson, looting; Justice delivered to Fazlu; JMB ruled supreme with their blessings; Extortion charges against Minu