Mashud far from maddening crowd

The Daily Star
Vol. 5 Num 968
Mon. February 19, 2007

Sports

Mashud far from maddening crowd

Staff Correspondent, Rajshahi

Distressed over his omission from the World Cup squad, long-serving wicketkeeper Khaled Masud has decided to skip the two four-day Tests against touring England A.
"I don't want to deceive my countrymen playing for Bangladesh A when I am very upset. I would not be able to play with full commitment at this moment. So I came to Rajshahi to take some rest," Mashud told The Daily Star yesterday.
The frustration drove Masud back to his hometown in Rajshahi with certain captive zeal for bringing himself back on track.
AS soon as he reached his Kumarpara home last afternoon, he jumped out in company of local cricketers to devote in rigorous practice at the Rajshahi Government College ground.
During a break in the practice, the former Bangladesh skipper -- ignored by the selectors who themselves believe Mahsud remains to be the best keeper in the country -- said, "I want to go back to my position. So I am keen to set up my mind for the National League. I have taken it as a challenge."
Masud and two other Bangladesh discards, Mehrab Hossain and Mohammad Sharif, have been named in the Bangladesh A team for matches against touring England A.
Meanwhile, five cricketers -- captain Tushar Imran, Nazmul Hossain, Enamul Haque, Mehrab and Sharif yesterday reported to coach Shaun Williams. The reporting deadline ends this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smugglers-BDR Affair on Barendra Express

JMB Patron Aminul Jailed; Dulu given 8 yrs RI for arson, looting; Justice delivered to Fazlu; JMB ruled supreme with their blessings; Extortion charges against Minu